Welcome to LifeWithParrots! We are a home based business that offers a quality overnight boarding service providing our boarders with lots daily of out of cage playtime and 12 hours of undisturbed sleep each night. We’ll do everything we can to ensure your bird has the best experience possible and you can feel confident knowing your bird will be properly cared for during their stay.
The shared main boarding room is kept around 22 degrees Celsius with a large window to allow some natural light and a radio playing music throughout the day for entertainment when birds are not out of their cage. If you’d prefer that your bird(s) be housed separately from other boarding birds (if multiple birds are being boarded at the same time) that’s no problem! We have an additional room that your bird(s) can stay in for just $5 extra a night to cover additional heating and lighting. Please note, private boarding room availability is limited and we can only provide small and medium sized boarding cages for a private room as the large cage will not fit through the door.
What To Bring:
We ask that owners bring their bird’s toys and food to keep change to a minimum, helping to reduce the level of stress on your feathered companion. You’re welcome to bring their cage as well if you’d like or they can use one of our boarding cages at no extra cost (see below photos for boarding cage measurements and availability)
We prefer that you book as far ahead for boarding as possible to ensure we have available space, especially for the summer and winter holiday season. We will do our best to accommodate last minute boarders but can not guarantee that we will be able to house them. If you need to cancel your boarding reservation that’s no problem, just let us know as soon as possible.
- Be in general good health. Plucking/barbering due to stress, habit or hormones is acceptable
- Be completely weaned for at least 2 weeks
- Have no open wounds or recent major injuries (occurring within one (1) month before the boarding date)
- Be harnessed or in a carrier when entering and exiting LifeWithParrots
- One bird per night for less than seven consecutive nights $16.00
- One bird per night for seven or more consecutive nights $14.00
- One bird per night for thirty or more consecutive nights $12.00
- Additional birds (sharing a cage) receive 50% off the nightly boarding fee
- Private boarding room $5 extra per night per individual/group from the same household
If you’re interested in boarding your feathered companion(s) with us, please look over and fill out the Overnight Bird Boarding Information Form and then send it to MyLifeWithParrots@gmail.com or bring it in with you. Any questions? Check out our FAQ section or contact us anytime by email, call/text or Facebook Messenger. Thank you for your interest, hope to see you and your feathered companion soon!
We have 3 Prevue Hendryx flight cages for smaller sized boarding birds to use during their stay (contact for current availability)
We have 2 Kings Cages 8003223 play pen cages for mid sized boarding birds to use during their stay (contact for availability)
We have 1 handmade donated cage for larger sized boarding birds to use during their stay (contact for availability)
Meet some of our previous overnight boarders!